Monday, April 2, 2012

Goodreads and Two Reviews

So I signed up for Goodreads the other day... can you say new website obsession? I love having somewhere that I can see and keep record of the books I've read (or want to read), as well as what I thought of them. Yeah... I know I'm late to jump on the Goodreads train... but it's still an awesome website, and if you haven't checked it out, you should!

I also finished two books over the weekend. One was good, and the other was really good. The first was The Pregnancy Project by Gaby Rodriguez, the second - I've Got Your Number, Sophie Kinsella's newest book.

The Pregnancy Project is about a story you may have heard about in the news... Gaby, having been told her whole life that she was going to go the same way as the rest of her family and wind up a teen parent. So instead, she decided to fight the stereotype and fake her own pregnancy for six months, experiencing along the way the heartbreaking responses of her family, peers, etc. Her story was definitely interesting and inspiring, and I would recommend it if you're into reading memoirs, etc. Also, if you have a teenage daughter, it's a good book to read as well, to provide an honest look at the subject of teenage pregnancy.

I've Got Your Number was just... adorable. A true chick flick in literary form. I seriously hope someone picks this book up as a movie because it would be so cute. The story follows Poppy Wyatt, a well-meaning, always looking out for others, physiotherapist who is engaged to Magnus Tavish, a scholar from an intimidating family of scholars. The story begins when Poppy loses her engagement ring, a family heirloom, and then proceeds to have her cellphone nicked. She lucks out and finds a cellphone in the trash and assumes ownership of it, soon entangling herself in the life of super businessman Sam Roxton. It's a classic Kinsella storyline, but the writing is fantastic, and you'll find yourself getting wrapped up in Poppy's story and relationships. Definitely recommended if you're into Chick Lit!!


No comments:

Post a Comment