Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Oopsie Daisies!

So Tuesday night when I was at work, we had a Daisy Troop touring the library. Our supervisor was leading the tour, taking them around to the different sections of the library before bringing them in the back. I was working in the bomb room at the time, and when the tour reached me, I ran around to the lobby and threw some heavier books into the bookdrop so they would get the full effect of what it's like in there when books are returned. Then they were allowed to take turns checking in books on the RFID reader we have before continuing on their way. They seemed to be excited about the whole thing, which was really cute.

Once they had left and finished their tour, my supervisor came back to the bomb room. She let out a huge sigh of relief (I guess they had been a little loud and crazy), and asked me if I wanted to hear a funny tour story. I, of course, said yes.

Apparently, when she had taken them back to where the crates were for the books that are being sent to other branches, she was greeted with this:


Yes, my friends, that is one of like... 3 Parental Advisory books we have in our ENTIRE collection right on top. And being little girls, they started to giggle and point, at which point my supervisor was like, Ooookaaay, time to go this way! Whoops!

No comments:

Post a Comment