Thursday, April 14, 2011

Wait... They Wrote a Book?

For those of you that don't know, this week is "Love Your Library" week. We've been "celebrating" it at our library, and we've had sheets of paper next to the check-out stations that ask "What do you love about your library?" My favorite answer so far went something like, "The [Library Name] people are the BEST people!!" :D So make sure to show some love to your library and librarians!

One of my favorite things about the days that I work over in the children's section is the wide selection of awesome books that I come across. Sometimes I'll come across one that was one of my favorites as a kid. Sometimes, I'll find one that is new that looks really fantastic, and I have to take a couple of minutes while shelving to read through it, or just check it out for later. And sometimes, and the theme behind this post, I'll come across a book that was written by a celebrity, and have a "Wait, what?" kind of moment.

So without further ado, here's a collection of children's books that have been written by people that you know (and may love):


Steve Martin

Tori Spelling

Cal Ripken Jr.

Weird Al Yankovic
I have to say that I love this book. It's fantastic, especially since it has the same fun language as many of his songs (written for children, of course).

Bob Dylan

Julie Andrews


And Mr. Billy Crystal!


1 comment: