Sunday, May 15, 2011

We Won! (and a mini Review - Something Borrowed)

It was officially announced a couple of days ago that GCPL did win the For Dummies contest, so we will be getting 1600 For Dummies books added to our collection (over 100 books per branch)! :) Thanks to those of you who helped us out!

Not much has been new at the library lately. We have a staff meeting on Wednesday, so maybe there will be some news then. I'm not sure what's going to be discussed, but I enjoy it when everyone who works at the branch is there at the same time. Maybe I'll make some cupcakes or cookies or something. Any ideas?

I just finished reading Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin. I really want to see the movie, but I have this mental block where most of the time I can't watch the movie unless I've read the book first. It's basically because while I don't mind going into a movie knowing what's going to happen, I'd rather not go into a book with the ending ruined. Especially when, in my opinion, books are generally better than their movie counterparts, so it's that much more of a disappointment.

But, in a nutshell, I really enjoyed Something Borrowed. Emily Giffin's a great writer, and I'm looking forward to reading more of her stuff when I can (i.e. when I get through the 6 million other books I have out at the moment). If you're into romance novels (the chick-flick kind, not the raunchy kind), then I suggest you read it. I give it a 4.5 (out of 5).

4 comments:

  1. yay! i'm glad you liked it. Did you like the ending?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was bittersweet about it. I mean, yes, the romantic in me liked it... but I'm not sure I was expecting it to end that way! :) And now I can read your review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm glad you won. I voted a few times. :) I'm sure you can find something good to make at Bakerella.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I was bittersweet about it too. I just wish there was more closure on the friendship end of it!

    ReplyDelete